Followers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Femme Couture Look on YouTube



Make sure to go to YouTube and check out the video! Here's the link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSvIZT6euKo ...& MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE!!! :)

Products Used for this Look:

Femme Couture Mineral Shadows in Pink Sand & Deep Amethyst, Mac Carbon e/s, Mac Nylon e/s, Mac Powerpoint Pencil in Black Russian, Smashbox Envy e/s, Maybelline Brow Powder in Lt. Brown, Ulta Clear Brow Gel, Loreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup in True Beige, Bare Minerals Foundation in Light, BE Mineral Veil, Benefit Boi-ing in #1, Benefit Erase Paste in #2, Benefit Powderflage, Channel Eyeshadow Base in Rose, BE Warmth, BE Well-Lit, Rimmel Bronzer in Sun Bronze, BE Blush in Pink Diamond, Maybelline Colorsensational l/s in Pink Sand 005 (what a conincidence!), Mac Lipglass in Pop Mode, Rimmel Foundation Primer, Mac Dazzlelash Mascara, Jane e/s sticks in Pink Pearl 02 & Island Breeze 01, Wet ‘N Wild e/s Stick in 130 (a champagne color…don’t know the name)….I think that just about does it with the exception of brushes and sponges!

I went haulin’ last weekend and ended up at Sally’s Friday evening to check out what they had in house. I have never tried their cosmetics, so I thought I would give their mineral line a try since all the products were on sale for $5 off 3 items! I purchased a gel liner as well as the two mineral shadows featured in this look. (Pink Sand and Deep Amethyst) They are okay besides being terribly hard to blend! This was the first time I had tried these shadows, so you are right there discovering them with me if you go check out the video on YouTube by clicking here -à
The shadows ended up being pretty shimmery as you can tell in the photos. I tried to tone them down with the matte, black carbon…when that didn’t work as much as I would have liked, I decided this could just be a going out look instead! I think too much shimmer on myself, really highlights my wrinkles, so I will be doing as little of that as possible! But, some of you that don’t share the eye lines that I have, would look SO gorgeous in this look!

Of course, you don’t have to go and purchase these exact colors and can use anything you have in your drawer! I know the CS 88 palette has many dupe colors and MAC makes a ton of shadows that would look, probably better, if I am being completely honest. For the price of $5.99 each, I am not too awful mad that they are hard to blend or not super pigmented. You can pretty much pack the color on, or I am sure apply them wet, to achieve a greater intensity just like a lot of other mineral companies out there.

I have yet to decide if I will be repurchasing these shadows or not. I guess I am sort of waiting to see how the other items from the line turn out to be. They did have some really pretty colors in eyeshadow, I just really wish they had some samples or something that I could look at up close and personal prior to purchasing! I guess not everywhere can be MAC or Ulta! LOL!
I will be doing a full review on Femme Couture Mineral Effects for you guys once I feel I have given every item I purchased, a full chance. You can also see what else I purchased at Sally’s and my other stops along the way in the haul video that will be posted next! J So, make sure to go check that out! I will be posting photos here on my blog of all the items I purchased along with as many swatches as I can make show up!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by to read this entry! Keep your eye out for many more to come! I am about to get to work on a series as well as my VERY long list of reviews that have been requested! I hope you guys have a wonderful day and don’t forget to sign up to follow here on my blog, at www.Twitter.com/VanitysEdge, and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more in depth reviews/hauls/looks… www.YouTube.com/VanitysEdge! I would love to have everyone’s support on this journey I am taking!

No comments: