Followers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Review - Loreal True Match Liquid & Compact Foundations




Loreal True Match Super Blendable Liquid & Compact Makeup: It was suggested by icosmeticRN on MUG that I do a review on Loreal True Match Foundation. This was a little bit ago and I just now got the chance to purchase it on sale. Rite Aid was having a Buy One Get One ½ off sale and I had a coupon for $2 off, so I HAD to get it! I ended up paying around $13 for both foundations!



It took me a minute to decide my shade, but found that their shade guide in the store was EXTREMELY helpful! I really wish that every drugstore brand would have a shade guide when it comes to foundation! (I mean, that stuff is expensive, you can’t return it if it is the wrong color, and I certainly don’t want to have to buy 10 million dif bottles!) So, I pretty much knew the color would be okay and if not, I could just mix it with some others that I have.



I have been using this foundation for about 2 weeks now and I absolutely love BOTH of them! I have extremely oily skin and neither one of them makes my skin feel more oily and the oils on my face generally don’t break through for about 10-12 hours if I use a primer. The color did, in fact, end up matching perfectly and the coverage is superb. I didn’t end up looking like I had foundation on with neither the liquid or the compact makeup…generally if a foundation makes me look like I am wearing it, I kick it to the curb.



The super-blendable liquid foundation goes on very smooth and silky. A little goes a long way with this particular foundation so I know the bottle is going to last a while…def worth the money (around $10-$11-depending on the store you purchase it from). I have applied it using my fingers, a foundation brush, and a few different types of sponges. I discovered that, for me, a wedge sponge worked the best dry. (I have yet to try it with my Sonia Kashuk Blender…but I will in my next look video on YT so I can let you know about that!). The function of it is true to it’s name, it is super blendable and oh so easy to work with. Don’t get me wrong, all the other applicators worked well, I just like the sponge the best!



On to the compact makeup! I saw this on a commercial and thought it was a cool concept, yet it is like so many others out there that claim it is a “cream to powder”. I was skeptical about this one. The packaging is very sleek and under the pan of makeup there is a housing that keeps a sponge and mirror…which I like a lot! I generally don’t use the sponges that come with makeup like this, since I am allergic to latex…you just never know! I grabbed one of my own sponges to put in the case (just a normal round, latex-free sponge) and low and behold…the dang thing was too thick to fit! (That was a strike.) I know that is something small, but it is very important to me! If you are going to provide a sponge with a place to put it in the compact, you should be able to replace it with a standard one! (After all, I change sponges about every 1-2 weeks depending on use…it’s just more sanitary! I would use a new one everyday if it weren’t for the cost!) Anyway…the formulation was phenomenal! I did try it with different applicators and found the round, dry sponge worked great as well! I believe I like this formulation for my skin type a bit better since it is a cream. The oils hardly broke through at all! (Minimal touch ups are always going to sway my vote!) Oh, and the claim was completely true…it DID end up feeling like a powder! However, I still set it with a finishing powder since that is just what I do! LOL! J

I really do like these foundations a LOT! I have the true match bronzers in my kit…and some sitting in my fridge too (lol)! I have had a great deal of luck with those, so my hope was that I would enjoy their line of foundations just as well…and I do! The ease of use, the formulation on both, and minimal touch ups were what did it for me! Not to mention, that I have not broken out a bit from the makeup since I have started using it! What is so great, too, is that you can apply it as heavy or as light as you want for the level of coverage you need and it still looks fabulous! I would def repurchase this product in the future….for sure! I actually look forward to my next purchase from their line! I may go for the blush next!!! (I will wait for another sale though!)



So, if you are interested in this makeup, I would say, you will more than likely have good luck with it too! I like it better than my MAC Mineralized foundation! (I don’t know if I like it better than studio sculpt…that may be a difficult battle! LOL!) Make sure to go check out the full review on my YouTube channel and don’t forget to rate, comment, and subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgJBL5KjjoY

If you have used this makeup, I wanna hear about your experiences with it! Comment below or on the YouTube video! Also, if you have a video review on it, post it as a response so I can check it out for myself!! J Thanks for coming by today, you guys! Have a good one!!!

No comments: