Followers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask


I went to Sally's last night to pick up a few things for my next series, Beauty Secrets, and finally remembered that I wanted to try the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. The little jars were on sale, but I decided to take advantage of my $5 gift card, and my beauty club discount and basically get the ginormous jar for free! I was super pumped to get it home and try it so I could see what all the hype is about!


The claim is that it is supposed to help dry up acne and tighten your skin, thus reducing the size of your pores. All of the above just about covers my issues...so I feel this "miracle jar" was made just for me....as long as it really does work! LOL!


My first impressions were positive. I loved the smell, the color wasn't too gross, and the texture was smooth and creamy! Once I applied it, after cleansing my face thoroughly, I could feel it start to work. There was a minty, cooling sensation that felt phenomenal and I could feel my skin tightening underneath.


It only took about 5 minutes or so for the mask to dry because I applied it in a thin layer, just as the directions stated. You want to make sure to, FOR REAL, keep it away from your eye area! I accidentally got it a bit close to my eye and it started burning like crazy!!! (All I did was wet a Q-Tip to "erase" the mask from places it didn't need to be...like that one!


Still following the directions to a tee, I wet a wash cloth with warm water and used that to gently remove the mask. I find this really is the way to go. You don't make a huge watery mess and the heat from the water-soaked cloth will melt the mask right off your face easily!


Once the mask was gone and my face was dry, I could tell my skin was a bit tighter and was so soft and smooth!!! I am not sold yet, too soon to tell, on the claim of reducing pore size. But, this morning, I DID notice a couple of my spots were drying up! Now, that could be because I applied a tea tree oil stick (that I also picked up at Sally's last night), following moisturizing and such.


Now, I plan to continue using this mask twice a week or so. I will keep you guys updated weekly or biweekly on my results in the event you guys have not tried this supposed wonder mask! LOL! I do like it upon my first impression, I just really hope it does all that it claims!


*If you guys know of any other masks like this that you have heard of and want me to try, I will happily do so! Queen Helene has a few differnent types of masks so there is one for every skin type! Check out your local Sally's Beauty or visit http://www.sallybeauty.com/ and check them out for yourself!!!


I hope you all have a fantabulous day and I will talk to you all VERY soon!

No comments: