Followers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gearing Up For Halloween...


Needless to say, things are crazy hectic around my house this week! Not only am I constructing my daughters cat costume from scratch (it is going to look like the cats from Cats-Broadway), we are haunting our garage for the kids in the neighborhood. I forgot how much work goes into making haunted scenes and houses…not to mention all the stuff you have to have that you wouldn’t normally think about needing! If I have been to Walmart/Target once this week, I have been a thousand times!! Were talking everything from masks, to glow sticks, to duct tape, to pool noodles (I will explain that one later! LOL!)…we have spent a small fortune!
I am going to make sure to take some film of the garage for you guys to see on my YouTube channel as well as my look for Halloween. I may even do a vid on how I am making my daughters costume in case any of you guys are interested. Making costumes is NOTHING like making regular clothes. Keep in mind…they are normally just worn once or twice (unless you are doing a play).


I feel terrible because I have flaked pretty bad on Halloween looks. I feel as though I owe you all an apology for not posting like I hoped I would. Everytime I thought of a great thing to do, I would pull up YouTube and someone would have already done it. My thing about it is that I don’t want to run something in the ground or make it come across as if I am copying another guru. That isn’t cool. I am going to be posting my makeup. I am going to do a practice run probably Thursday night or Friday and get it posted prior to Saturday in the event any of you guys wanting to be a witch would like to use my little tricks. You, more than likely, will have all the extra items lying around your house!


Since I didn’t do any Halloween looks, there are a few things that I am going to do after Halloween prior to posting my contest/giveaway. (Speaking of, I really hoped to get to 200 subs for the contest prior to posting, so spread the word!!!) I have some sort of editorial/character type looks that I would love to do! I am thinking about doing one or two a month rather than just regular ole looks all the time. I just want to mix it up a bit and have some fun! Why do people think you can only play around with character makeup just at Halloween?? This way…if you see something you like, you can play throughout the year to pick up all the right components for the makeup and costume and be more than ready for the big day! OR, if you are involved in any sort of production and need help, I would happily do a look for that! I majored in theatre and have grown up around the art, so I have a working knowledge of things like this in addition to characters, so on and so forth.


Again, if you see any photos that you think would spark my inspiration that is lacking, feel free to email them to me at Vanitys_Edge@yahoo.com! I would LOVE to see some new stuff! Oh, and I would LOVE to get my inspiration back!!


Thanks to all you guys that have clicked to follow and even you guys that are taking time out to simply read my posts! I really appreciate it! BUT, if you are here just reading, make sure to click to follow so you can be involved in my blog giveaway! I am going to post details soon, so keep an eye out for that and make sure to visit here everyday!!!


Love you guys!!! Talk to you all soon!

No comments: