Followers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Update: OPI Suede...1 more thing to say...

Last night I put on my OPI Suede (Lincoln Park After Dark). My thought was that this would be my nail color for the weekend. Well, I seriously put it on at 11pm last night, two coats, and this morning, I get up (at 830am) & IT HAD CHIPPED IN THE NIGHT! Ugh...I was SO mad! Guys, I REALLY LOVE these polishes...especially this color...but REALLY!? I need my polish to last longer than 9 hours!

I love the color so much and obviously don't want to waste it, so I decided to put a coat of my Seche Vite top coat on over my terribly chipped nails. It actually turned out well! Of course, I don't have that gorgeous, matte-sueded finish, but the color is still just as pretty. It looks more like a shimmer polish with the top coat over it.

This post is just sort of an FYI. Don't go spend the cash on these polishes if you are going to expect them to last longer than maybe an evening. In fact, these would be perfect to put on before a night out. Since they dry so fast, you could certainly put some on on your way out the door.

Don't get me wrong...I still love these polishes...I just wish I could figure out how the hell to make them stay longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Suggestions.....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know several people who have sworn by OPI and all the ones I have used have done the same thing. What is your favorite polish that lasts. I would love to know so I could try it and run it through the full new mommy day test

Vanity's Edge Makeup - Laura said...

Kempkat79: The OPI Suede are the only ones that do this to me so quickly. When you have polish peel easily, it is generally due to your base coat. I faced this issue a lot due to a new base coat I tried. Ever since I bought a ridge filling base coat from Sally's (cant remember the name, but I will be doing a review soon) I haven't had such an issue with peeling. Also, if your base coat is too thick, peeling can occur. I know some women that don't use a base coat because their polish peels so easily when they wear it. I don't really reccommend that since it isn't super great for your nails. My suggestion is to try some different base coats with the polishes you have. You will probably see a difference. BUT my fav, long lasting polishes have to be China Glaze and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear. With MOST of the colors, a little goes a long way and they have some KILLER colors too! A company that makes great base and top coats is Seche Vite. You can get them at Sally's. I will be reviewing their products soon too! It's on my list! Let me know if you would like to know anything else girl! :)

Unknown said...

Do you think it is due to I had no idea about base coats? I know silly but true and figured I would throw that out there no matter how it sounded. But seriously I so have not heard of the base coat thing

Vanity's Edge Makeup - Laura said...

Kempkat79: It could be a possibility, but sometimes, polish stays better without a base coat. Hmmm, I will work on a vid on my fav nail products including base and top coats so you can see what I use and why! :)