Followers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

MAC Pret-A-Papier Products & Face Charts

I don't know about you guys, but for a while, I have been wearing a LOT of nudes & neutrals when it comes to my makeup.  Most of the magazine ads I have seen lately tend to be full of models wearing the nudes as well.  I know, you probably thing it gets boring for me, however, I generally use my lips as the canvas for color on my face.  (Sometimes my cheeks.)  But, I do make sure to wear some outlandish shade of lipcolor everyday so I still feel springy inside.  This is why I am in LOVE with the Pret-A-Papier.  The color is coming out in the lipsticks (and a couple of the shadows).  If you look at the face charts (below) you can see that the looks, for the most part, are nude/neutral. 

Here are some beautiful looks for you guys to try!  If you do, link me the pics or the video!  I would LOVE to check them out! 

**I know I generally don't post face charts and such, but I have them ALL.  If you are interested in particular collections face charts and would like me to post them, just let me know!  I will happily do so!  I also have charts from many other brands that I just started accumulating.  Is this something you guys would like to see on a regular basis?  I work SO hard on getting these charts together and keeping them organized, I hate not to share if you guys would like them!  Leave any comments on this topic in the comments below or you can email me, of course!**

***All information on the Pret-A-Papier Collection was gathered from the MAC Cosmetics website.***

PRODUCTS INDLUDED IN COLLECTION

Paint Pot $16.50:
Coral Crepe – Soft coral (Satin)
Groundwork – Mid-Tone neutral taupe (Satin)

Eye Shadow $14.50:
Tissueweight – Frosted pale peach (Frost)
Bamboo – Light beige with peach (Matte)
Cut To Fit – Frosted red bronze (Frost)
Gazette Grey – Dark green grey with gold pearl (Velvet)
Memorabilia – Dirty purple (Matte)

Studio Fix Lash $13.00

Chromagraphic Pencil $14.50:
NC15/NW20
NW25/NC30

Impeccable Brow Pencil $15.00:
Taupe – Mid-tone dirty taupe
Dirty Blonde – Cool light brown

Lipstick $14.00:
Archetype – Sheer light gold (Lustre)
Dressmaker, Dressmaker – Creamy light peach coral (Lustre)
Made To Order – Creamy midtone dirty coral (Lustre)
Kraft – Creamy midtone brown (Amplified)

Tinted Lipglass $14.00:
C-Thru – Peachy-beige with shimmer (Cream)
Fold and Tuck – Midtone bright coral w/soft pearl
Pret-a-Papier – Dark reddened brownze w/pearl

Powder Blush $18.50:
Instant Chic – Midtone muted coral (Sheertone)
Garb – Light golden suntan (Sheertone)

Mineralize Blush (Duo) $23.00:
Light Over Dark – Orange yellow mélange/deep brown

Nail Lacquer $12.00:
Brown Bag – Midtone warm dirty beige (Cream)
Originality – Sparkly copper bronze (Frost)

Prêt-A-Papier


Brow: Enhance brows with Lingering Eye Brows.
Lid: Highlight under brows with Bamboo e/s. Apply Gazette Grey e/s on the eyelid. Contour the eye by blending Sumptuous Olive and Carbon e/s.
Liner: Define eyes with NW25/NC30 eye kohl. Blend Sumptuous Olive e/s through the lower lashes.
Lash: Apply Zoom Fast Black Lash through the lashes.
Cheeks: Blend Melba Powder Blush.
Lips: define lips with Chickory lip pencil and use l/s in Made to Order.

Archetype
Brow: Define brows with Espresso e/s.
Lid: Highlight brow bone with Arena e/s. Apply Coral Crêpe Paint pot and Bamboo e/s over the eyelid. Use Cut to Fit e/s through the outer crease and apply Tissueweight e/s to the inner.
Liner: Define the upper lash line with Boot Black liquid eyeliner.
Lash: Finish the eyes with Plush lash in Plushblack on the lashes.
Cheeks: Use Light Over Dark Mineralize Blush.
Lips: Define and the lip with Oak lip pencil. Fill in lips with Archetype l/s and C-Thru lipglass.

Gazette Grey

Brow: Define brows with Taupe Impeccable Brow Pencil.
Lid: Highlight under brows with Blanc Type and Tissueweight e/s. Apply Tissueweight e/s over the lid and follow with Memorabilia e/s. Follow with Gazette Grey and Shadowy Lady e/s.
Liner: Define the upper lash line with Grey Utility PowerPoint eye pencil.
Lash: Apply Plush Lash Mascara in Plushblack through the lashes.
Cheeks: Apply Light Over Dark Mineralize blush under the cheeks.
Lips: Hydrate lips with Soothing Beige Tinted lip conditioner SPF15. Define the lip with Chicory lip pencil and fill with Archetype l/s. Follow with lipglass in C-Thru.

Fold and Tuck

Brow: Define brows by applying Dirty Blonde Impeccable Brow Pencil.
Lid: Highlight brow bone with Blanc Type e/s. Apply Coral Crepe Paint Pot to lid followed by Tissueweight e/s. Contour the eye with Gazette Grey followed by Bamboo e/s.
Liner: Apply Rapidblack Penultimate eye liner to the lashline.
Lash: Elongate and define lashes with Zoomblack Zoom Lash Mascara.
Cheeks: Apply Harmony Powder Blush.
Lips: contour the lip with Spice lip pencil before applying l/s in Dressmaker, Dressmaker. Finish with a dab of Fold and Tuck lipglass.

Made to Order

Brow: Define brows with Dirty Blonde Impeccable Brow Pencil.
Lid: Highlight browone with Blanc Type e/s. Apply e/s in Cut to Fit on the eyelid.
Liner: Define the upper lashline with Boot Black Liquid eye liner.
Lash: Apply Studio Fix Lash mascara in Black Fix on the lashes.
Cheeks: Contour cheeks with Instant Chic and Garb Sheertone Blushes.
Lips: Define the lip with Nightmoth lip pencil and fill with Made to Order lipstick. Top off look with Fold and Tuck lipglass.

Bamboo

Brow: Define brows with Dirty Blonde Impeccable Brow Pencil.
Lid: Blend Tissueweight and Memorabilia e/s on the browbone. Apply Cora Crepe Paint pot and Cut to Fit e/s over the eyelid.
Liner: Apply Blacktrack Fluidline through the upper waterline.
Lash: Finish the eyes with Zoom Fast Black Lash.
Cheeks: Sweep the cheeks with Light Over Dark Mineralize Blush.
Lips: Define the lip with Stripdown Lip Pencil. Apply Archetype l/s and follow with C-Thru lipglass.

Kraft

Brow: Define brows with Saddle e/s.
Lid: Highlight browbone with Mylar e/s. Apply Tissueweight e/s over the eyelid. Contour with Saddle e/s.
Liner: Define the upper lashline with Boot Black liquid eye liner.
Lash: Define lashes with Dazzle lash mascara in Black Dazzle.
Cheeks: Dust Garb Sheertone Blush:
Lips: Line Lips with Chestnut Lip pencil and fill in using Kraft l/s. finish off by adding a coat of Prêt-A-Papier lipglass.

Tissueweight

Brow: Fill in brows using Spiked eye brows.
Lid: Highlight under the browbone using Vanilla e/s. Neutralize the eyelid color by using Bare Study Paint Pot. Apply Tissueweight e/s to the eyelid. Add more definition to the eye with Tissueweight and Gazette Grey e/s.
Liner: Line the upper lashline with Blacktrack Fluidline.
Lash: Finish the eyes with Zoom Fast Black Lash.
Cheeks: Give cheeks color with Instant Chic Sheertone Blush.
Lips: Contour lips with Chicory lip pencil. Apply Made to Order l/s and follow with Fold and Tuck lipglass.

Items I MUST Own From This Collection

Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20
Paint Pot in Coral Crepe
Eye Shadows in Memorabilia, Gazette Grey, & Cut to Fit
Lipsticks in Archetype, Dressmaker, Dressmaker, & Made to Order
Lipglass in Fold & Tuck
Powder Blush in Instant Chic
Mineralize Blush in Light Over Dark
Nail Polish in Originality


I am sure not many of you will really enjoy this collection because it is so neutral and coral based.  But, I ADORE this new orange and coral trend that is happening right now!  I only wish they would have made fun new packaging for this collection like they did Liberty of London!  I suppose they used all their creative mojo on that collection! 

Let me know what you think of this new collection from MAC.  What do you love or hate about it?  Thoughts....opinions....I know you guys have tons of them!  Is there anything that you are going to run to your counter/store tomorrow and get right away?  Please let me know in the comments below!  And, don't forget, if you do a look based off one of the face charts above, send me the link to the pics and/or video!  I would love to see what you guys make of these looks with your colors or the colors fromt the collection.


2 comments:

toshiam said...

I'm back and forth on this collection. I usually only do bright looks but recently I've been into nudes. I'm sure I will make a trip to do some swatching to see if there's anything I really want from this collection. Thanks for the face charts! Love them.

Brenda said...

I was trying to practice your looks on my Mac charts but mine do not come out like yours. Are you using makeup on the charts? Or is this done by a photoshop program they look so good and mine dont come close. How are you cloring them in?